9/25/2006

Vinyl in the 'hood...#2

Located at 134 Masten Avenue at the corner of Dodge, this house was recently built by Burke Homes (aka Rocco Termini) for Belmont Shelter. This is the view from the sidewalk on Dodge Street looking north.
DSCN5201
It's part of a 30+ home 'Vinyl Village' that's been photoshopped into our City this past year. As of Monday afternoon the house was vacant, big piece of plywood on the front door.
Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. Mcguire: Plastics.
See My Vinyl Collection for additional inspiration.
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006faqmy flickr

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I find myself surprisingly unoffended. The porch looks like it's a nice street face. This side is certainly uninspired, but I don't see anything a little landscaping couldn't fix easily and quickly.

As for the house being vacant, if it was built for Belmont, my guess is it will be occupied soon.

Anonymous said...

It really speaks to me.

fixBuffalo said...

b & Westcoast

cut and paste.

No thought given to the site, especially corner design. Setbacks are totally messed, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow.....Again they seem very afraid that people wont be able to find the garage?

Anonymous said...

I have nothing against vinyl siding itself, but I do hate the use of CHEAP, low quality vinyl on these houses. They all have the same 4 cheapest colors and the thinnest possible material. A few hundred dollars extra would have gotten more interesting colors, much thicker stuff, and even different shapes.

The real shame of these subsidized houses is that the only people to benefit are the builders, who pocket big bucks & slap up the cheapest crappola they can. I suspect that some politicians get a cut under the table, too.

Anonymous said...

Just for the heck of it, what would it cost to have a house like this built today? I know the houses pictured as "vinyl victorians" are said to cost $130,000. If A nice little brick house costs near that, I bet they would sell like hotcakes.

fixBuffalo said...

As I was saying..."just stop building...crap"