1/31/2007

Radiant Driveway...

I guess I'm fortunate as the wind usually whips most of the snow away from my front door. Further down Woodlawn Avenue a neighbor of mine took things to a higher level when he built his house. Mentioned his radiant heated driveway awhile ago.
IMG_4013
While radiant heat is the rage in Iceland and spots across Europe, it's rarely used here. On Elmwood and Bird, We Never Close installed it and Paul Johnson - Johnson & Sons - at 60 Brantford installed it recently, too.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to why we don't see more of this application. Like to know.

Almost forgot - The City owned Woodlawn Row Houses, and the primary reason why I started blogging are located 100' feet away from this spot...
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row Housesfaqmy flickr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see its use in public spaces when liability, labor etc is an issue.

I may be cheap..but any heating I do I would like to keep in the house. =)

Anonymous said...

I was told that the entire HSBC Center plaza was heated at one time. The system lasted a little over 20 years before the maintenance and upkeep of the system made it prohibitive to operate.

Black Rock Advocate said...

I believe the front of the old Aud had heated sidewalks.