1/05/2007

Smile for the Camera...

Visited Control Board headquarters yesterday. Offices are located on the top floor of the Market Arcade building at 617 Main Street.
IMG_3633
Asked the security guy down on the first floor where the office was located. At first he wasn't going to let me through. Finally after calling the office I had an opportunity to speak with the receptionist and only then would the security guard let me pass.

In a related matter, I've heard from a number of people that Byron has installed a camera set-up and security outside the Mayor's office, too. I remember visiting the second floor numerous times, totally unannounced during the Masiello years...like just walked in...where the Mayor's team was totally available or would schedule an appointment.

Like what's up with the fear factor today? And yes, I smiled and waved to the camera as I left...
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row Housesfaqmy flickr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I ran the city like Bozo does I'd want security too.

Anonymous said...

They probably picked it up from Joel - and Homeland Security funding pays for it (rumor has it).