7/22/2006

Ward House...Partially Secured

Heading home from the café I pass by Coe Place on a daily basis. I snapped these pics around 8pm this evening. There was fresh saw dust all over the side walk so I assume at some point during the day Belmont Shelter's crew was securing the Ward House, finally They missed the rear second story windows that have been broken since last Fall.
DSCN3686
Comparing the pics from two weeks ago, you can see that Belmont Shelter is making slow progress. They missed a basement window and still haven't cleaned up the debris that the guys from Elbers Landscaping dumped on the City owned vacant lot five weeks ago. Since phone calls to Belmont don't seem to be working, perhaps a few to Elbers Landscaping will get the mess cleaned up. Belmont hires them to do the grounds of their barracks right next door. Neighbors on Coe saw them dumping on City property after prepping the Ward House yards for demo prior to last month's Preservation Board hearing.
DSCN3687 DSCN3689 DSCN3688 DSCN3690
click image to enlarge
Today I received this e-mail from a local real estate broker...
I read the update in artvoice on 19 coe. Can you keep me updated? I don't believe belmont in the least - maybe a strongly worded petition needs to go around and be sent to the powers that be. That house is VITAL to that street which now has good things happening.
I think he's on to something. If you want on the Coe Place alerts e-list, let me know.
Elbers Landscaping - 2918 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214 (716) 834-2167
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006

No comments: