7/21/2006

Fix(ed-up) Buffalo goes Sub-urban...Part I

In between planning my weekend ventures this evening - pics of abandoned, boarded, derelict and vacant houses in forgotten parts of the City's East Side and grabbing the latest construction pics from Artspace and new demo pics from the Buffalo Forge site - I had a call from a friend - not from Blogistan - inviting me out to the suburbs. I suggested meeting up at a coffee shop, late Saturday afternoon. (At least that's what urban dwellers do.) She's just returned from 15 years away and thought there might be a Starbucks on Transit.

I recalled hearing something about an independent coffee shop in Clarence a few years ago and suggested we meet-up there. She'd never heard of the place.

I just checked - google blog search results - nothing! Must be a 'sub-urban myth.' Still, I'll check it out earlier in the day on Saturday...and bring an extra set of batteries for the camera. Since the hipster-mobile is in the hospital 'till Monday, I'll have to check the NFTA schedule, too.

see also Part II - Fix(ed-up) stays urban...
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006

7 comments:

Derek J. Punaro said...

I believe this is what you're looking for: http://www.clarencecentercoffee.com/

Anonymous said...

Take the word "shops" out of your google search. Search Coffee Clarence NY

:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is the Clarence Center Coffee Company at the corner of Clarence Center Rd. and Goodrich Rds. On a side note, via bus as close as you may get may be the Eastern Hills Mall, and the coffe shop is about 5 - 7 miles from there.

fixBuffalo said...

Derek, Susanne & Stip...

Thanks! Finger's crossed that the bus (still haven't looked at the schedule) has one of those nifty bike racks mounted to the front.

So, checking out the site from Derek does this rank as an suburban or rural coffee shop?

Anonymous said...

Clarance Center is pretty damn rural, aside from a scattering of new McMansion pods that have sprouted recently.

The area is totally inaccessible without a car.

If you are sans-car, why can't this friend come into the city to meet up with you?

fixBuffalo said...

working on the car...the bus schedule totally sucks...

tell me why doesn't clarence want city dwellers sans auto in their midst?

Lots of opportunity for critique here, I know. If someone, anyone, blogged about the 'burbs like I blogged about my neighborhood...perhaps we'd get some changes, don't you think.

I mean a blog with sustained suburban criticism would be a welcome contribution to the local - or should I say, regionalo - blogosphere, don't you think?

I'll offer blogging classes to bring anyone from the 'burbs up to speed about the technical side of this craft...

Derek J. Punaro said...

You need an East Aurora blogger. EA is very pedestrian friendly. So is the village of Hamburg.