11/05/2006

Suburban - Sycamore Street

Along Sycamore Street, a few blocks from downtown, I felt like I was lost in suburbia poking around this neighborhood. Lots of suv's, a few pools and more than a few lots laced with plastic fences.
DSCN5582
This house is like so representative of Buffalo's rapidly emerging "vinyl vernacular." It's what happens when builders turn their backs to street life and client's have forgotten what makes a neighborhood successful. Look around your own neighborhood in the next few days. If anyone can find me a corner house, built before 1950 here in Buffalo that lacks fenestration, like this one and sits on a corner lot like this - you get a free pizza from me at Buffalo's only brick oven pizzeria, right across from Artspace at the Delta Sonic Café. Try and find one, send the pic and eat some awesome pizza. Wager stays open for next 72 hours.
Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. Mcguire: Plastics.
See My Vinyl Collection for additional inspiration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Windows are over rated..Quality is too for that matter.

fixBuffalo said...

nice...