NFTA Mash-up

I just learned that our very own NFTA has mashed-up with google! It's so easy to use. When you've located your spot on google maps simply do the 'from here' routine and select 'public transportation' as your way to go. I generated the following map, and travel times for a meeting.
I haven't quite given up on the car, thinking about it all the time. One of the reasons why I located a block from Main Street was to take advantage of the City's subway. Two years ago I rode around the City the bus/subway on a month pass. It's still the preferred way for meet-ups and events along the City's spine from downtown to UB. Great deal for $66/month. The alternative right now might be some Suomi snows for my bike.
Like to know if anyone else is using this NFTA/google mash-up for getting around town. Very cool.
ArtspaceBAVPAWoodlawn Row HousesfixBuffalo flickr
Creative ClassShrinking CitiesSaturdays in the neighborhood


Joshua D. Hall said...

More people need to think more pragmatic like you, David! The subway and mass transit would get used a lot more if more people lived on BOTH sides of Main Street.

Hops said...

I like the Google option for ease of use definitely, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it to plan trips in the future instead of at the moment.

Seeing it on the map is helpful though.