3/28/2007

Charles Perkins Park...

Spent some time last week exploring a City park just down the street from my house. Charles Perkins Park is a little gem of place on East Ferry just past Jefferson.
Picture 245
Here's the slide show.

I really didn't know there was a tennis court so close to home. And the basketball courts, first rate. Really an amazing little park. Here's the map! Ten years in this neighborhood and my first time in the park...right across the street from the Hamlin Park Historic District.

Oh...and the houses surrounding the park, all occupied! Yes, I checked.
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row Housesfaqmy flickr
the creativity exchange

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The park is named in Honor of my father, who was the president of the Hamlin Park Association for many years. Check out the plaque near the East Ferry entrance

Unknown said...

The park was named in Honor of my father who was the President of the Hamlin Park Association for many years.