12/11/2006

Flickr Meet-up...

Had the unexpected opportunity on Sunday to finally meet-up with the Buffalo Flickr Group at Spot Coffee on Elmwood. Really great group of people who are capturing digital moments all over the City and in some cases around the world. Check out the discussion group for some interesting posts and future meet-ups!

Mike from the North Buffalo had a few kinds words to say about moi and fixBuffalo - right here. See, I was there! Click through the images below to see for yourself what these folks are up to...

__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006faqmy flickr
buffalo olmsted parks conservancy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure meeting you at SPOT.

Anonymous said...

Nice to finally meet you after not being able to attend some of your Sat. walks due to scheduling conflicts.

Look forward to a little Urban Ex!

Anonymous said...

Hey David,

I missed the Flickr meetup thing. I don't really do the meetup thing much anymore. Heard you were there...

I have a question: I've been itching for a long time to get into or near some of those old places you write about and shoot, call it 'urban exploration' or whatever (the old churches, buildings, etc). There a few friends of mine from out of town that would love to come shoot as well. I will personally give you full license to web-sized images of everything I shoot. So, can you hook me up with a little tour? Or else I'll have to start wandering around myself... :)

I have a bunch of days off coming up soon and I got some new equipment that would be great for a day of urban shooting.

PS: I've just had a "Best of Buffalo" calendar published, with all my photography in it – and also designed by me (20,000 copies). I'm going to post on my site about it soon.

-Dee

Anonymous said...

Hi David-
I didn't realize when I met you at the flickr meet-up on Sunday that you were the famous "fixbuffalo". We just moved here so you'll have to forgive my ignorance. If you ever want to shoot the building (inside or out) that we just bought and are fixing up, let me know. It's at
Niagara and Breckenridge, and has become quite the project!

The bar and restaurant have been closed for a couple of years and will require lots of work, however, we have fallen in love with Buffalo and think it is a great place to sink our money, hopes and dreams into.

It was very nice to meet you and we hope to see you at future meet-ups.

- Poppy

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure to meet you. Stop by again.