6/08/2005

Wired Buffalo?

The innovative folks over at Intel have just released their Most Unwired Cities Survey. Buffalo is ranked 56th and in the bottom half of the 100 largest metropolitan areas of the country. Hmmm...We are ahead of Tulsa but way behind cool places (?) like Toledo which is ranked number 5th. When did Toledo become a cool place to live? Places like Seattle (1st) and San Francisco (2nd) don't have to advertise how cool they are...they just is...

Wanna make Buffalo a cool place? Wanna put Buffalo on the front page of the New York Times and draw people to this place. Think Wi-Max Cloud and total coverage for the whole city...east-side & west side, schools, homes, community centers...

Think Vonage and Skype....did someone say free phone service for Buffalo?
skype_2 vonage_softphone
I've put together this Buffalo Wi-Fi map which shows the free wi-fi sites I know about! Let me know if there are more.

I mean aside from the folks at Buffalo Wi-Fi is anyone else working on this solution for Buffalo?
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cafe 59 on Allen has free Wi-Fi for customers!

fixBuffalo said...

Natalie, thanks for the heads-up! I just up-dated the map.

Celia said...

At present the map is not showing streets--broken images. But I love this idea and promise to faithfully report any I find.

I hear that the downtown library has wireless on the first floor around Fables, but I have not yet tested it myself.