8/27/2005

Art and Urbex...

In a recent BuffaloRising post about a Chris Jacobs project at 567 Exchange Street, I noticed that one of my favorite photographers, Brian Grinham posted a comment and hinted that he might be moving (back) to Buffalo. I first stumbled upon Brian's work about 18 months ago and it inspired me to get out and photo document my neighborhood...and so started my blogging...

You have to check out Brian's main site, Interstitial Photography. He will take you around the world with his talent but make sure to check out the link to his work about Buffalo Exploration. Once there you will quickly be guided to :
From Brian's site:
I take photographs to try and capture something most people miss or ignore. Beauty that is in plain site, but so often goes unnoticed. For the past few years that has translated into abandoned buildings. What attracts me to them is how they once were so important to so many, people spend their entire lives working in a given factory or office, yet through some twist of fate those once vital buildings become eyesores, blights on the landscape.
Brian will be in Buffalo during the Elmwood Arts Festival tomorrow. Make sure to check out his work. From a recent Live Journal entry, Brian writes...
I'm sure I've told just about everyone about this weekend, but just in case, I'm going to have a booth at the Elmwood Arts Festival this weekend where I'll be selling my soul prints. Last year they had more than 100,000 people attend so this could be really good :). I have about 100 matted 5x7 prints, 60 matted 8x10 prints, 15 full framed prints, and 15 limited edition super special real live 35mm hand developed hand proccessed blah blah prints. It's gonna be a wild weekend heheh.
__________________________________________________________________________
Artspace ArchiveAnnals of NeglectBAVPAWhere is Perrysburg?Broken Promises...
Writing the CityWoodlawn Row HousesTour dé Neglect - 2006faq

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks heheh, always fun to find fans randomly through google searches LOL.