Photo of the Day: 24

Prenatt and Owahn Place (google map).

IMG 9436

The Schoellkopf Power House built in 1917 is one of the last remaining structures and a reminder of the colossal complex last known as Buffalo Color.  Located on the Buffalo River it was once the country's largest producer of synthetic aniline indigo and other dyes. With so much potential for reuse, this industrial relic remains empty.

Photos from this series are cross-posted on fixBuffalo's facebook page and archived here - Photo of the Day

No comments: