4/23/2008

New Business Incubator

While walking past the old North Jefferson Branch Library the other day I noticed these new signs for the first time.

This morning I called Councilman Demone Smith's office for details about this development. I haven't heard back yet, so if anyone knows more about this new business incubator, please let me know.
IMG_3662 IMG_3661
click image to enlarge
fixBuffalo readers will remember that the new Merriweather Library opened two years ago and replaced this building. The new library is named in memory of Frank E. Merriweather Jr. the former publisher of the Buffalo Criterion and founding member of the Buffalo Urban League.
__________________________________________________________________________
ArtspaceBAVPAWoodlawn Row Housesmy flickr
the creativity exchangelatest blog comments

3 comments:

Chris said...

What truly is a business services incubator?

Joshua Adams said...

From what I understand, a business services incubator is there to provide the support for a fledgling business in order to encourage future job and economic growth. UB does this a lot with engineering, biotech and other tech firms.

Chris said...

How does a 'fledgling' company go about getting into business services incubator?

The reason I ask, is because me and partner have started a 'fledgling' company.